- An application form must be completed.
- Full previous visa history and up to date passport must be given.
- All students must inform The North of England School of English (NESE) of any physical or mental issues that may affect their learning.
- Full time students are those who study for a minimum of 15 hours per week for 01 week or more.
- Students must update NESE with any changes to visa status, arrival times or other information that may affect the expected start date.
- It is the responsibility of the student to apply for the correct visa and submit the correct documents. NESE cannot be responsible for any visa refusal.
- All students must contact NESE at least 2 weeks before the start date agreed on their visa or offer letter to provide flight details. Failure to do so may result in the student losing their place at NESE. Normal cancellation and refund policies apply.
- Payments should always be made in advance. This applies to tuition fees, accommodation and airport transfer.
- No offer letter can be issued until we have received:
- course registration fee (£50).
- course materials fee (General English = £29, General English Plus = £45, IELTS = £30, FCE = £35, CAE = £35).
- 20% of full tuition fees.
- accommodation registration fee (£70)
- deposit of £250 for host family accommodation and student residential accommodation.
- payment of the first 4 weeks of accommodation.
- The full payment of the course(s) must be made no later than 30 days before the UK arrival date.
- Whilst in the UK, any additional future payments in respect of accommodation must be paid on a monthly basis and at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Accommodation payments must be made payable to the North of England School of English.
- NESE cannot be held responsible for any cancelled bookings if payments have not been received.
- Financial guarantees for sponsored students must be available in the first week of the student’s study.
- All fees are payable in pounds sterling and payment can be made into our school’s bank account. Please note that all bank charges must be paid at source, otherwise the student will be charged on arrival.
- We can send letters by special delivery service (DHL) at extra cost.
- The cost of course books is not included in the course fee.
4. Cancelling, postponing a course or visa refusal before arrival
- Students are strongly advised to take out insurance before travel in case of cancellation, travel disruption and medical or other emergency situations.
- When tuition fees have been paid for promotional offers then cancellation fees will be charged at the full price.
- NESE has the right to ask for documentary evidence before issuing a refund – Visa refusal, medical reports or other relevant documentation resulting in the need for cancellation.
Refund for cancellation in pounds sterling:
- If you cancel your course 4 weeks or less before your course start date, you will incur non-refundable costs of:
- a £100 cancellation charge,
- the equivalent of 04 weeks tuition fees,
- the £50 course registration fee.
- The remaining tuition fees and course materials will be refunded less any bank charges.
- If you cancel your accommodation 4 weeks or sooner before your course start date, you will incur non-refundable costs of:
- The equivalent of the first 04 weeks of homestay or student residential accommodation,
- the £70 accommodation registration fee.
- Any remaining accommodation fees will be refunded less any bank charges.
- If you cancel more than 4 weeks before your course start date, you will incur non-refundable costs of:
- a £100 cancellation charge
- the £50 course registration fee
- the £70 accommodation registration fee.
- The first 04 weeks of homestay and student residential accommodation is non-refundable at 50%.
- Any course materials, tuition fees and accommodation deposit fee will be refunded less any bank charges.
- If you have to cancel your course because your application for a Student Visitor Visa has been refused, you will need to provide documentary evidence from the relevant embassy before any refund can be considered, and you must return your letter of enrolment. Once we have received a copy of all pages of the visa refusal letter including the last page with the signature of the ECO and date of refusal, plus our original letter of enrolment, we will refund all monies received except the course and accommodation registration fees, minus bank charges. Please note that you have to inform us at least 04 weeks before the course start date for the refund request tobe considered.
- If you have booked and paid through an agent, the refund will be made to the agent.
5. Cancellation/Change of Course after Arrival
- The school requires 2 weeks’ notice from students who wish to leave the school earlier than expected. You must put your request in writing and attach any flight details, new offers, medical evidence or any other documents to show reason for leaving.
- Students who wish to withdraw from a course should put their request for a refund in writing.
- Refunds are only given for the remaining course fees after the 2 week notice period in cases where the school management consider the request to leave to be reasonable. There will be at least a 25% cancellation fee of the remaining weeks of the course, in all circumstances, without exception. The course materials fee is non-refundable. Any discounts on tuition fees will become null and void and you will be charged the full price for the weeks that you have attended the course.
If you are here on a General Student Visa and finish your course early, we have to inform the UK Border Agency.
Please note: A good student insurance policy will refund the remaining fees if a student has to go home early for a medical or other serious reasons. We strongly advise all students to take out insurance.
- Holidays that have been agreed at least 2 weeks in advance, will not be charged. If a holiday request is accepted you will be issued with a letter from the school. Student requests for holiday and refunds will only be considered if they have attended a minimum of one 10-week full-time course.
- If you want to request a refund you will need to put this in writing. If the 2 weeks required notice has not been given, then tuition fees will not be refunded. If the student only intends to study for one 10-week course, and wishes to take a holiday during that period, a refund will not be considered. Students will need to provide return flight tickets as evidence for any consideration to be given regarding refunds. Students, who wish to take a holiday resulting in the curtailment of their course, will not receive a refund.
- Unauthorised holiday will be marked as absent which will affect attendance and If a student is sponsored then their sponsor (Eg. Embassy) will be informed if holidays are taken without permission.
- Students understand that they may have to repeat the level if they have missed too much of the course.
7. Postponements and other Booking Changes
- If you decide to change your course dates, your accommodation dates or make any other changes to your booking, there is a charge of £50 for each time you make a change, to cover the administration cost of making the changes. This charge will not be due for any date changes made because of visa problems. However, if you require a visa for the UK, please allow enough time for the visa application process before your course start date (a minimum of 15 working days).
- If you wish to postpone your course for any reason – for example, if you need a visa and are still waiting for the visa to be issued – you must let us know at least 2 weeks before you are due to arrive, otherwise you will be charged a £100 cancellation fee. We cannot confirm a new starting date until we have received this.
- You may only postpone your course if there is space available on the new course dates you wish to attend. You can postpone your course to start up to 6 months after the original start date.
- For a postponement of longer than 6 months we will not refund the course registration fee, the accommodation registration fee or the accommodation deposit. We will charge a cancellation fee of £300 if you then have to cancel the course.
We have to inform the UK Border Agency about any non-EU students who do not arrive on the agreed date.
8. Booking accommodation
- All Accommodation payments must be made through the school.
- Accommodation is arranged for students only while they are studying at the school.
- If you leave school early for any reason, you will be asked to leave your accommodation.
- All accommodation is subject to availability and early booking is advisable.
- You must always indicate your first and second choice of accommodation on the enrolment form.
- If the first choice of accommodation is not available, the school will book your second choice.
- If you decide to leave your accommodation early, you must give 14 days' notice in writing for homestay and 28 days' notice in writing for residential accommodation. If you do not provide the required notice, you will be charged an additional 2 weeks from when you leave.
- Refunds will only be considered for full calendar weeks. This applies to all accommodation options.
- If you only book accommodation for part of your stay (e.g. you book 4 weeks' accommodation but have enrolled on a 24 week course) and you decide to extend your stay, we cannot guarantee that there will be accommodation available, especially during busy periods. You will not normally be able to stay in the same accommodation. You should always book accommodation for the full length of your study period unless you have already booked private accommodation.
- If you take a holiday during your stay and are away you will still be charged the full rate for the period of absence.
- Payments must be made to the school. For periods of 4 weeks or less, full payment must be made at the time of booking. For periods of 5 weeks or more, payment for the first 4 weeks must be made at the time of booking and all subsequent payments must be made in advance for a minimum period of 4 weeks per payment, apart from the final payment which will be based on the number of days outstanding that you are scheduled to stay. No accommodation will be reserved until payment has been received.
- During your stay, payments for accommodation must be made 2 weeks in advance. If you fall behind with your accommodation payments you will be asked to leave your accommodation.
- We cannot postpone bookings for any accommodation if you inform us 30 days or less before your arrival date. If you do, you will still be liable for the fee for your original accommodation dates.
- Any student who behaves in an unacceptable manner will be asked to leave their accommodation. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to find alternative accommodation.
- If you book your own accommodation you must give your accommodation address and a contact telephone number to NESE before you come.
9. Force Majeure
- We strongly advise students to take out travel insurance. The policy should cover flight delays for any reason.
- In all cases it is the student’s responsibility to keep NESE informed of changes to travel plans. NESE is not liable for loss of tuition or other services due to factors outside our control. Refunds will not be made under these circumstances.
10. Classes, teachers
- NESE has continuous enrolment which may require classes to merge or split throughout the course. Students must understand that NESE will do the utmost to manage this with as little disruption as possible.
- When making an application to NESE, students must understand that they cannot choose their teacher or class. Students are placed in the most appropriate class and the decision of the Director of Studies is final in this matter.
11. Attendance and punctuality
- We expect students to attend at least 85% of all classes. Students must inform NESE as soon as possible if they are unable to attend. Students who are continuously absent without good reason will be subject to our disciplinary procedure. Any sponsors will also be notified.
- All students who are more than 5 minutes late to class will be marked as late. Students who arrive more than 20 minutes late will not be allowed into the class until the next lesson.
- Students who are continually late will also be subject to our disciplinary procedure.
12. Conduct and expectations
- All students must adhere to NESE policy on harassment and bullying.
- All students must show respect to all staff and students in NESE and be tolerant and understanding of other cultures, faiths and lifestyles and accept that NESE promotes British values.
13. Photographs and filming
- Classes cannot be filmed or otherwise recorded by students in any way without the permission (in writing) of the school Director.
- NESE may use film or still photographs of students for promotional purposes.
- Students must inform NESE before arrival or on their first day if they do not want their photographs or any filming used in promotional materials at NESE. The school cannot accept responsibility for other students sharing images on social media.
14. Personal Information
- We keep your information in electronic and paper format.
- Some of the personal information you supply will be passed on to accommodation providers or the airport meeting service.
- Under UK law, we must give information to the UK Borders Agency if required to do so.
- In order to fulfil our obligations to you, and, in some cases, to the British authorities, it is necessary for us to see and copy your passport (and visa if applicable), to have contact details for you in Doncaster (including a mobile phone number if you have one), and to have details of your next of kin in your country. You must therefore agree to provide these details and keep them up to date if they change.
- Students and/or parents are reminded of the need to disclose medical information about the student to the school when the application is made and to enquire prior to enrolling whether the school and accommodation facilities are suitable for the individual's needs.
By accepting these Terms & Conditions you accept our right to use your personal information in this way.
15. Resolution of disputes
All complaints will be fully investigated as per our 'Complaints Procedure' providing:
- The complaint is made while the student is attending our school.
- The complaint is registered in writing with the Director of studies.
- All invoices relating to the student making the complaint have been settled in full.
- We do not accept complaints received after the student has returned to their own country.
- The North of England School of English does not accept any liability in the case of illness, accident, loss or damage to personal effects or property occurring on the school premises, except where such liability is imposed under UK law.
- The North of England School of English does not accept liability for losses or additional expenses you might incur because of cancellation or delays to your travel services.
We recommend all students to take out insurance before leaving their home country.
- The school reserves the right to cancel or alter a course. If we do so, we will offer either an alternative course or a refund (minus bank transfer fee).
- If your English level is not suitable for the course you have booked, we reserve the right to move you onto a different course or to refuse you admission to the school.
- The school reserves the right to change teachers at any time during the course.
- The school reserves the right to alter dates, fees and any particulars in the brochure without prior notice.
- The Directors of the school reserve the right at their absolute discretion to refuse any application for enrolment of a student at any stage of the application or booking process. The school shall be under no obligation whatsoever to give reasons for the decision of the Directors. If an enrolment is refused, all paid fees will be refunded (minus the bank charges).
18. Summer Program:
The Terms and Conditions for students on summer program are as the same as above. However, students will be required to pay 100% of course fee before we can issue our Acceptance letter. The payment deadline is different for each summer course and the school will give you the details after we receive the application.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions you accept our Policies.